- December 7, 2018
- Newmark’s George Mitsanas on What’s Driving Commercial Mortgage & Investment Finance
- October 16, 2018
- Newmark Completes $712.7 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 3Q2018
- July 26, 2018
- Newmark Completes $691 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 2Q2018
- July 10, 2018
- Stancorp’s Mark Fisher Shares Insight on CRE and the Value of MBA Engagement
- June 5, 2018
- Newmark Q&A: What’s Driving Southwest CRE Lending?
- May 15, 2018
- CREFC: California Legislation To Watch
- May 7, 2018
- Time for a Coordinated Bay Area Displacement Policy
- May 3, 2018
- Newmark Completes $409 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 1Q2018
- March 26, 2018
- City Welcomes Big Storage Center
- March 6, 2018
- Newmark Looks at Defining Trends in the Commercial Real Estate Market for 2018
- February 9, 2018
- Newmark Expands San Francisco Production Staff With Key New Hires; On-Boards Five Member Team Specializing In Commercial Mortgage Finance
- January 25, 2018
- Newmark Completes $2.5 Billion of Commercial Mortgages During 2017
- November 27, 2017
- Despite Forecast Increases, Rates At Historic Lows
- November 8, 2017
- Newmark® Completes $726MM In Commercial Mortgages During 3Q2017
- October 24, 2017
- Newmark’s Michael Heagerty Elected to MBA’s 2018 Board of Directors
- October 11, 2017
- Newmark Names Producers Andy Bratt And Demetri Koston as Partners With Largest Privately-Held Commercial Mortgage Bank in Western U.S.
- September 13, 2017
- Real Estate Loan Administrator – San Francisco, CA
- August 7, 2017
- Newmark Completes $731 Million in Commercial Mortgages During 2Q2017
- June 29, 2017
- Newmark Secures $151 Million of New Financing on Behalf of Presson Companies for 30 Property Arizona Industrial Portfolio
- June 19, 2017
- Newmark Secures $68M Financing for Silicon Valley Assets
- June 5, 2017
- Creating a Better Borrower Experience
- April 12, 2017
- Newmark Completes $517 Million in Commercial Mortgages During 1Q2017
- April 4, 2017
- Keeping Focus on Controlled Variables
- March 7, 2017
- Owners of Stabilized Properties Increasingly Turning to Floating-Rate Loans
- February 27, 2017
- CMBS Is A Vital Part Of The CRE Finance Environment
- February 6, 2017
- Multifamily Financing Tightened, But Not Stopped
- February 1, 2017
- JV Secures $325M in Financing to Revive Potala Tower Hotel, Apartment Project in Seattle
- February 1, 2017
- Real Estate Loan Production Associate (Los Angeles)
- January 23, 2017
- Newmark Completes More Than $2.4 Billion of Commercial Mortgages in 2016
- January 19, 2017
- Newmark Turns 10 in Seattle; $421MM Pacific Northwest Production in 2016
- December 16, 2016
- Newmark Turns 25, Reaches $30 Billion in Commercial Mortgages
Newmark Completes $517 Million in Commercial Mortgages During 1Q2017
April 12, 2017
Multifamily, Industrial and Self Storage Most Active Property Classes; Significant Production in Arizona and Southern California Markets; CMBS Production Remains Low as Traditional Lenders Stay Active
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Newmark™, the largest independent commercial mortgage banking firm in the western U.S., closed $517 million of commercial mortgages across 62 unique transactions in 1Q2017. Active property types include multifamily, industrial and self storage assets; with its Phoenix, AZ and Newport Beach, CA production offices showing the highest transaction volumes during the period.
“While the Fed continues to raise rates incrementally with an expectation of more increases later this year, interest rates remain historically low,” said Michael Heagerty, principal and CFO with Newmark. “The increases are relatively gradual and current rates are still in a great spot. Short of a shock to the system we are in a good, stable financing environment where buyers, owners or developers are taking advantage while they can. Current transfers, modifications and assumptions point to investors repositioning properties with an eye to selling to take advantage of the cycle, indicating from past experience that we are nearing the top of the current market.”
Heagerty pointed to the following trends as worthy of consideration at the close of 1Q2017:
While the Fed continues to raise rates incrementally with an expectation of more increases later this year, interest rates remain historically low.
- Life Insurers – Newmark’s correspondent life insurer finance sources were responsible for a greater percentage of the loans placed during the 1Q2017. Loan spreads are tightening, reflecting a healthy economy and abundant appetite for allocations to stable commercial mortgage debt.
- Bridge Loans – Bridge lenders are becoming more active as asset owners look to reposition, renovate or re-lease assets in preparation for sale, modification or transfer.
- Multifamily – The most popular asset class in today’s market continues to trade, modify and reposition at a significant volume to other asset classes.
- Industrial – Constrained development, historically low vacancy rates and tenant demand in key Western markets has established strong fundamentals for this asset class. This is creating strong demand for long-term stabilization, short term repositioning or development financing.
- Self Storage – Appetite for allocations into this specialized asset class continue to grow with Newmark’s correspondent lenders because of the sector’s healthy cash flows, occupancy and historical performance.
- CMBS – CMBS production remains at all time lows while viable options offering more favorable terms from traditional lending sources remain plentiful. Challenged assets will benefit from well structured CMBS loan solutions, with attentive servicing being critical to successful outcomes.
Newmark, a privately held company based in San Francisco, is a full service mortgage banking firm with an extensive lineup of correspondent lenders utilizing Newmark’s production, closing and servicing capabilities. Established in 1991, Newmark is currently staffed by over 60 employees in regional offices throughout the western United States. The company services nearly $10 billion representing over 1,100 loans located throughout the country. Newmark is rated as a Primary Servicer by Standard & Poor’s and is one of a select few non-banking/non-insurance chartered companies with this designation. For more information please visit www.newmarkrealtycapital.com.
NEWMARK is a trademark of Newmark Realty Capital, Inc. NEWMARK & Design and NEWMARK REALTY CAPITAL are registered trademarks of Newmark Realty Capital, Inc.