- August 19, 2019
- Newmark Realty Capital Expands Production and Servicing Team with the Addition of New York’s Rose Hill Group Producers and Staff
- August 15, 2019
- Newmark Realty Capital Celebrates Ten Years Of Dedicated Operations In Spokane
- August 13, 2019
- Loan Production Associate (Seattle)
- June 3, 2019
- CMBS Financing Still Has Big Benefits
- May 29, 2019
- Why CMBS Debt Has Fallen Dramatically in Recent Years
- May 1, 2019
- Underwriting Holds True Across Portfolios for Q2
- April 19, 2019
- Newmark Realty Capital Completes $316.5 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 1Q2019
- March 28, 2019
- Why You Need a Full Financial Workout Even During a Boom
- March 22, 2019
- Real Estate Loan Administrator – Phoenix
- February 28, 2019
- Newmark Realty Capital Celebrates Completion of Seattle’s Arrivé Tower
- February 7, 2019
- Diversity Will Benefit Your Bottom Line
- February 6, 2019
- Newmark Realty Capital Completes $2.47 Billion of Commercial Mortgages During 2018; Ends Year with 4Q2018 Production Totals of $669.1 Million across 73 Transactions
- February 4, 2019
- SB 826 Could Shake Up California’s Biggest CRE Firms
- January 3, 2019
- Newmark Realty Capital Expands Los Angeles Production Team; Names Paige Serden As Executive Vice President For Commercial Mortgage Production
- December 7, 2018
- Newmark’s George Mitsanas on What’s Driving Commercial Mortgage & Investment Finance
- October 16, 2018
- Newmark Completes $712.7 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 3Q2018
- July 26, 2018
- Newmark Completes $691 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 2Q2018
- July 10, 2018
- Stancorp’s Mark Fisher Shares Insight on CRE and the Value of MBA Engagement
- June 5, 2018
- Newmark Q&A: What’s Driving Southwest CRE Lending?
- May 15, 2018
- CREFC: California Legislation To Watch
- May 7, 2018
- Time for a Coordinated Bay Area Displacement Policy
- May 3, 2018
- Newmark Completes $409 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 1Q2018
- March 26, 2018
- City Welcomes Big Storage Center
- March 6, 2018
- Newmark Looks at Defining Trends in the Commercial Real Estate Market for 2018
- February 9, 2018
- Newmark Expands San Francisco Production Staff With Key New Hires; On-Boards Five Member Team Specializing In Commercial Mortgage Finance
- January 25, 2018
- Newmark Completes $2.5 Billion of Commercial Mortgages During 2017
- November 27, 2017
- Despite Forecast Increases, Rates At Historic Lows
- November 8, 2017
- Newmark® Completes $726MM In Commercial Mortgages During 3Q2017
- October 24, 2017
- Newmark’s Michael Heagerty Elected to MBA’s 2018 Board of Directors
- October 11, 2017
- Newmark Names Producers Andy Bratt And Demetri Koston as Partners With Largest Privately-Held Commercial Mortgage Bank in Western U.S.
- September 13, 2017
- Real Estate Loan Administrator – San Francisco, CA
- August 7, 2017
- Newmark Completes $731 Million in Commercial Mortgages During 2Q2017
- June 29, 2017
- Newmark Secures $151 Million of New Financing on Behalf of Presson Companies for 30 Property Arizona Industrial Portfolio
- June 19, 2017
- Newmark Secures $68M Financing for Silicon Valley Assets
- June 5, 2017
- Creating a Better Borrower Experience
- April 12, 2017
- Newmark Completes $517 Million in Commercial Mortgages During 1Q2017
- April 4, 2017
- Keeping Focus on Controlled Variables
- March 7, 2017
- Owners of Stabilized Properties Increasingly Turning to Floating-Rate Loans
- February 27, 2017
- CMBS Is A Vital Part Of The CRE Finance Environment
- February 6, 2017
- Multifamily Financing Tightened, But Not Stopped
- February 1, 2017
- JV Secures $325M in Financing to Revive Potala Tower Hotel, Apartment Project in Seattle
- February 1, 2017
- Real Estate Loan Production Associate (Los Angeles)
- January 23, 2017
- Newmark Completes More Than $2.4 Billion of Commercial Mortgages in 2016
- January 19, 2017
- Newmark Turns 10 in Seattle; $421MM Pacific Northwest Production in 2016
- December 16, 2016
- Newmark Turns 25, Reaches $30 Billion in Commercial Mortgages
Newmark Completes $712.7 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 3Q2018
October 16, 2018
Multifamily Leads Production Volumes Followed by Retail Despite New Economy Challenges; Newmark Set to Exceed $2 Billion Total Production in 2018 for Seventh Year Running
SAN FRANCISCO – Newmark™, the largest independent commercial mortgage banking firm in the western U.S., completed $712.7 million of commercial mortgages during 3Q2018 across 81 unique transactions. As 2018 production totals for the first three quarters now exceed $1.8 Billion, volumes are consistent with Newmark’s expectation of production exceeding $2 billion for a seventh year.
In terms of capital requirements for unique asset classes, the active property types in 3Q2018 included multifamily, retail and office; with the company’s Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle production offices continuing to show the highest placement volumes during the period.
“The health of the commercial real estate markets remains excellent across all asset classes, and not surprisingly production volumes are led by multifamily transactions,” said Michael Heagerty, principal and CFO with Newmark. ”We remain in a historically low interest rate environment at the close of 2018, and Newmark’s clients remain active in addressing long and near term structured financing needs. Retail is an asset class that Newmark producers have successfully targeted by identifying desired fundamentals and underwriting qualified assets relative to long-term performance. This has allowed clients to secure best-option financing in this challenged asset class adjusting to new economy realities. Self storage financing, essentially a boutique industrial asset class, is also receiving healthy allocations from Newmark’s correspondent lenders. Production in this asset class is approaching financing volumes of $400 million during the past 24 months.”
Newmark has also focused its leadership team on addressing a list of legislative agendas critical to the long-term health of the commercial real estate markets. This agenda is focused on Federal and State agendas with a direct impact on ownership or financing; including tax reform and rent control.
“The MBA, CMBA, and CREF-C have collectively targeted several issues for action in 2018, and our principals are active within our peer organizations to ensure an outcome fostering the long-term health of the commercial real estate markets, truly a bipartisan issue,” said Heagerty. “In California, Newmark has joined a bi-partisan community of public officials, candidates, organizations and business leaders opposed to Proposition 10, and recommend our peers in commercial real estate visit the California Mortgage Bankers Association analysis at the link below as they consider their own position.”
Additionally, Heagerty pointed to the following trends as worthy of consideration moving into 4Q2018:
3Q2018 Production – Newmark continues meeting quarterly production goals in 2018 from forward-looking clients seeking to take advantage of historically low rates. Newmark is on track to exceed $2 billion for total 2018 production for the seventh year in a row.
Industrial – While 3Q2018 production volumes reflected a healthy interest from correspondent lenders for multifamily, office and retail assets, industrial remains the favored asset class for allocations moving into the fourth quarter and 2019.
Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Markets – Lenders continue to seek asset allocations in the primary MSA markets of the Western States, with a continued willingness to review well positioned assets of any commercial property class in secondary and tertiary markets across the United States.
Capital Sources – Life companies remain the most active lending source for Newmark’s clients. These lenders are showing an above average appetite for commercial mortgage allocations.
2018 Interest Rates – Interest rates are slowly increasing in 2018, but spread compression is compensating to keep commercial mortgage finance rates at historic lows in 2018.
Legislative Agenda – Newmark’s executive leaders continue to work through industry peer organizations like the Mortgage Bankers Association, the Commercial Real Estate Finance Council and the California Mortgage Bankers Association to ensure that commercial real estate finance, investment and ownership priorities remain at the forefront of legislative and ballot agendas in 2018. Resolution of a number of Federal and individual state policy agendas that will benefit the health of the entire commercial real estate industry remains a primary goal for the industry. Newmark is committed to playing an active role in the outcome.
Servicing – Newmark continues to service a portfolio of commercial mortgage loans for assets across the United States valued in excess of $12 billion. Loan performance is consistent with underwriting, with limited defaults requiring special service solutions or workouts, an indicator of healthy commercial real estate markets buoyed by a strong overall economy.
Newmark, a privately held company based in San Francisco, is a full service mortgage banking firm with an extensive lineup of correspondent lenders utilizing Newmark’s production, closing and servicing capabilities. Established in 1991, Newmark is currently staffed by over 70 employees in regional offices throughout the western United States. The company’s national servicing platform valued in excess of $12 billion represents more than 1,300 loans located in 40 states. Newmark is rated as a Primary Servicer by Standard & Poor’s and is one of a select few non-banking/non-insurance chartered companies with this designation. For more information please visit www.newmarkrealtycapital.com.