- April 19, 2019
- Newmark Realty Capital Completes $316.5 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 1Q2019
- March 28, 2019
- Why You Need a Full Financial Workout Even During a Boom
- March 22, 2019
- Real Estate Loan Administrator – Phoenix
- February 28, 2019
- Newmark Realty Capital Celebrates Completion of Seattle’s Arrivé Tower
- February 7, 2019
- Diversity Will Benefit Your Bottom Line
- February 6, 2019
- Newmark Realty Capital Completes $2.47 Billion of Commercial Mortgages During 2018; Ends Year with 4Q2018 Production Totals of $669.1 Million across 73 Transactions
- February 4, 2019
- SB 826 Could Shake Up California’s Biggest CRE Firms
- January 3, 2019
- Newmark Realty Capital Expands Los Angeles Production Team; Names Paige Serden As Executive Vice President For Commercial Mortgage Production
- December 7, 2018
- Newmark’s George Mitsanas on What’s Driving Commercial Mortgage & Investment Finance
- October 16, 2018
- Newmark Completes $712.7 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 3Q2018
- July 26, 2018
- Newmark Completes $691 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 2Q2018
- July 10, 2018
- Stancorp’s Mark Fisher Shares Insight on CRE and the Value of MBA Engagement
- June 5, 2018
- Newmark Q&A: What’s Driving Southwest CRE Lending?
- May 15, 2018
- CREFC: California Legislation To Watch
- May 7, 2018
- Time for a Coordinated Bay Area Displacement Policy
- May 3, 2018
- Newmark Completes $409 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 1Q2018
- March 26, 2018
- City Welcomes Big Storage Center
- March 6, 2018
- Newmark Looks at Defining Trends in the Commercial Real Estate Market for 2018
- February 9, 2018
- Newmark Expands San Francisco Production Staff With Key New Hires; On-Boards Five Member Team Specializing In Commercial Mortgage Finance
- January 25, 2018
- Newmark Completes $2.5 Billion of Commercial Mortgages During 2017
- November 27, 2017
- Despite Forecast Increases, Rates At Historic Lows
- November 8, 2017
- Newmark® Completes $726MM In Commercial Mortgages During 3Q2017
- October 24, 2017
- Newmark’s Michael Heagerty Elected to MBA’s 2018 Board of Directors
- October 11, 2017
- Newmark Names Producers Andy Bratt And Demetri Koston as Partners With Largest Privately-Held Commercial Mortgage Bank in Western U.S.
- September 13, 2017
- Real Estate Loan Administrator – San Francisco, CA
- August 7, 2017
- Newmark Completes $731 Million in Commercial Mortgages During 2Q2017
- June 29, 2017
- Newmark Secures $151 Million of New Financing on Behalf of Presson Companies for 30 Property Arizona Industrial Portfolio
- June 19, 2017
- Newmark Secures $68M Financing for Silicon Valley Assets
- June 5, 2017
- Creating a Better Borrower Experience
- April 12, 2017
- Newmark Completes $517 Million in Commercial Mortgages During 1Q2017
- April 4, 2017
- Keeping Focus on Controlled Variables
- March 7, 2017
- Owners of Stabilized Properties Increasingly Turning to Floating-Rate Loans
- February 27, 2017
- CMBS Is A Vital Part Of The CRE Finance Environment
- February 6, 2017
- Multifamily Financing Tightened, But Not Stopped
- February 1, 2017
- JV Secures $325M in Financing to Revive Potala Tower Hotel, Apartment Project in Seattle
- February 1, 2017
- Real Estate Loan Production Associate (Los Angeles)
- January 23, 2017
- Newmark Completes More Than $2.4 Billion of Commercial Mortgages in 2016
- January 19, 2017
- Newmark Turns 10 in Seattle; $421MM Pacific Northwest Production in 2016
- December 16, 2016
- Newmark Turns 25, Reaches $30 Billion in Commercial Mortgages
Newmark Completes More Than $2.4 Billion of Commercial Mortgages in 2016
January 23, 2017
Largest Independent Commercial Mortgage Bank in Western United States Exceeds $2 Billion in Annual Production for Fifth Year in a Row; Sees More Than 55 Percent of 2016 Loan Production in Multifamily and Retail Asset Classes
San Francisco, California – Newmark™, the largest independent commercial mortgage banking firm in the western U.S., closed more than $2.4 billion of commercial loans while exceeding $9 billion in loan servicing during 2016 on its existing portfolio for the first time in company history. This is the fifth consecutive year that Newmark has surpassed $2 billion in annual loan production. The company expects to see similar volume in the year to come as investors seek to lock favorable interest rates anticipating a measured yet continued rise throughout 2017 and beyond.
“We a saw a significant number of property owners seeking to lock in long-term and construction financing solutions at historically lower rates, with 269 unique transactions in 2016,” said Michael Heagerty, principal and CFO with Newmark. “Roughly 55 percent of these transactions were in the multifamily and retail asset classes, with self-storage assets also having a strong year with our portfolio lenders. Overall, interest rates are rising, and we expect to see healthy demand in the first half of 2017 from investors in each of our regions seeking to secure financing before they miss the window of relatively low historic rates.”
“We a saw a significant number of property owners seeking to lock in long-term and construction financing solutions at historically lower rates, with 269 unique transactions in 2016.
Commercial real estate finance trend areas highlighted by Newmark’s principals as relevant for consideration moving from 2016 to 2017 include:
- Interest Rates: Rising interest rate climate demands attention from owners/investors in 2017.
- Multifamily: Financing demand for new construction, acquisition and recapitalization in the multifamily sector will remain robust.
- Retail: Expect to see continued interest in recapitalizing existing assets to lock in current rates.
- Self Storage: Self storage has emerged as a new asset class of interest to a growing number of institutional lenders.
- CMBS: CMBS transactions were down significantly in 2016; and will remain so in 2017 unless properly structured.
Newmark also begins its 25th year of operations moving into 2017. Since its founding, Newmark has placed more than $30 billion of commercial mortgages across 3,500 unique transactions covering the spectrum of commercial real estate asset classes including office, industrial, retail, multifamily, mixed use, hospitality, self storage and mobile home parks. The Newmark brand today represents more than 20 institutional lenders as their direct correspondent and servicing agent, and worked with nearly 90 unique capital sources in 2016. Newmark operates from production offices in eight locations: San Francisco and Sacramento in Northern California; Los Angeles and Newport Beach in Southern California; Seattle and Spokane in Washington State; Las Vegas, Nevada; and Phoenix, Arizona.
Newmark is a full service independent mortgage banking firm offering realty capital solutions through an extensive lineup of correspondent lenders utilizing Newmark’s production, closing and servicing capabilities. Established in December 1991, Newmark is currently staffed by more than 60 employees in regional offices throughout the western United States. The company services a commercial portfolio of approximately $9 billion representing over 1,200 loans. Newmark is rated as a Primary Servicer by Standard and Poor’s and is one of a select few non-banking/non-insurance chartered companies with this designation. For more information please visit www.newmarkrealtycapital.com.
NEWMARK is a trademark of Newmark Realty Capital, Inc. NEWMARK & Design and NEWMARK REALTY CAPITAL are registered trademarks of Newmark Realty Capital, Inc.