- July 26, 2018
- Newmark Completes $691 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 2Q2018
- July 10, 2018
- Stancorp’s Mark Fisher Shares Insight on CRE and the Value of MBA Engagement
- June 5, 2018
- Newmark Q&A: What’s Driving Southwest CRE Lending?
- May 15, 2018
- CREFC: California Legislation To Watch
- May 7, 2018
- Time for a Coordinated Bay Area Displacement Policy
- May 3, 2018
- Newmark Completes $409 Million of Commercial Mortgages During 1Q2018
- March 26, 2018
- City Welcomes Big Storage Center
- March 6, 2018
- Newmark Looks at Defining Trends in the Commercial Real Estate Market for 2018
- February 9, 2018
- Newmark Expands San Francisco Production Staff With Key New Hires; On-Boards Five Member Team Specializing In Commercial Mortgage Finance
- January 25, 2018
- Newmark Completes $2.5 Billion of Commercial Mortgages During 2017
- November 27, 2017
- Despite Forecast Increases, Rates At Historic Lows
- November 8, 2017
- Newmark® Completes $726MM In Commercial Mortgages During 3Q2017
- October 24, 2017
- Newmark’s Michael Heagerty Elected to MBA’s 2018 Board of Directors
- October 11, 2017
- Newmark Names Producers Andy Bratt And Demetri Koston as Partners With Largest Privately-Held Commercial Mortgage Bank in Western U.S.
- September 13, 2017
- Real Estate Loan Administrator – San Francisco, CA
- August 7, 2017
- Newmark Completes $731 Million in Commercial Mortgages During 2Q2017
- June 29, 2017
- Newmark Secures $151 Million of New Financing on Behalf of Presson Companies for 30 Property Arizona Industrial Portfolio
- June 19, 2017
- Newmark Secures $68M Financing for Silicon Valley Assets
- June 5, 2017
- Creating a Better Borrower Experience
- April 12, 2017
- Newmark Completes $517 Million in Commercial Mortgages During 1Q2017
- April 4, 2017
- Keeping Focus on Controlled Variables
- March 7, 2017
- Owners of Stabilized Properties Increasingly Turning to Floating-Rate Loans
- February 27, 2017
- CMBS Is A Vital Part Of The CRE Finance Environment
- February 6, 2017
- Multifamily Financing Tightened, But Not Stopped
- February 1, 2017
- JV Secures $325M in Financing to Revive Potala Tower Hotel, Apartment Project in Seattle
- February 1, 2017
- Real Estate Loan Production Associate (Los Angeles)
- January 23, 2017
- Newmark Completes More Than $2.4 Billion of Commercial Mortgages in 2016
- January 19, 2017
- Newmark Turns 10 in Seattle; $421MM Pacific Northwest Production in 2016
- December 16, 2016
- Newmark Turns 25, Reaches $30 Billion in Commercial Mortgages
Newmark Expands San Francisco Production Staff With Key New Hires; On-Boards Five Member Team Specializing In Commercial Mortgage Finance
February 9, 2018
Commercial Mortgage Banking Team Responsible for More Than $2 Billion of Career Production Joins Largest Independent Commercial Mortgage Bank in the Western United States
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – Newmark™, the largest independent commercial mortgage banking firm in the western U.S., has hired a five member team of highly talented commercial mortgage banking professionals to join its San Francisco production team. The five member team of Andrew Mekjavich, Ryan Gray, Jeff Matlock, Ben Johnson and Murphy Osborne joins Newmark having structured more than $2 billion in commercial mortgage finance during their professional careers.
“Newmark is a company founded and owned by producers who are actively structuring commercial mortgage finance solutions for our national clients. We have learned to be very selective in bringing on new senior talent and continuing to develop professionals within our model,” said Michael Heagerty, Principal and CFO with Newmark. “This production team joining us shares our common commitment to quality performance and client satisfaction that has defined Newmark’s core values since our founding 25 years ago.”
Jeff Wilcox, Principal in Newmark’s San Francisco production group, added, “I am excited to be adding Andrew Mekjavich, Ryan Gray, Jeff Matlock and their supporting team to our San Francisco office. Their addition will immediately add to the breadth of our loan production offerings and expertise. They are part of Newmark’s ongoing commitment to expand its origination platform and provide the strongest capital markets execution in the industry.”
Senior executives joining Newmark as Vice Presidents in Loan Production include the following team:
Andrew Mekjavich: Mr. Mekjavich specializes in the structure and arrangement of debt and equity financings for all commercial and multifamily property types nationwide. Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Mekjavich was a Senior Vice President with Barry Slatt Mortgage from 2013 to 2018. He began his career in commercial real estate with two years as a commercial appraiser followed by six years as an executive manager for a national commercial real estate valuation firm. Mr. Mekjavich is the incoming President of the Bay Area Mortgage Association (BAMA) and a founding board member of the Cal Poly East Bay Alumni Association. He sits on the Board of Directors for Trinity Center, a service organization for homeless people in his community and has held committee positions for the California Mortgage Bankers Association and Alzheimer’s Association. Mr Mekjavich is a graduate of both the California Mortgage Bankers Association (CMBA 2007) and the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA 2011/2016) Future Leaders Program and received his bachelor’s degree from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo with a concentration in finance and appraisal.
Ryan M. Gray: Mr. Gray’s extensive background in arranging commercial real estate debt, in-depth market knowledge, extensive lender relationships, high level integrity and a track record for navigating complex deal structures, enables him to effectively position each client to achieve the best solutions to meet their financing needs in an ever-evolving lending environment. Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Gray was an Executive Director and Loan Originator with Barry Slatt Mortgage from 2007 to 2018. Over the last decade, Mr. Gray helped arrange over $1 billion dollars in commercial real estate loans ranging from traditional debt to highly structured financing. His vast lending network includes insurance companies, debt funds, CMBS shops, local and national banks, credit unions, agency lenders and private capital. He is currently an active member in the Bay Area Mortgage Association (BAMA) and the California Mortgage Bankers Association (CMBA) in addition to other industry associations and nonprofit organizations.
Jeff Matlock: Mr. Matlock has been in the commercial mortgage business since 2011, and most recently served as a commercial mortgage banker with Barry Slatt Mortgage. He specializes in providing long term debt placement for all property types including apartments, retail, office, industrial, medical buildings, hotels, self-storage and special use properties nationwide. During his career, Mr. Matlock has been involved in the placing of over $500 million in commercial real estate financing across all property types in almost every state nationwide. He is a graduate of Santa Clara University where he majored in finance and minored in international business, and a member of the Bay Area Mortgage Association (BAMA), Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA), and the Santa Clara Alumni Association.
Support professionals joining Newmark as Production Associate and Business Development Associate include, respectively:
Benjamin F. Johnson: Mr. Johnson joins Newmark as a Production Associate in San Francisco for the team. Mr. Johnson began his career in commercial real estate with CBRE, Inc., where he was first a research analyst, and then a commercial real estate appraiser. Mr. Johnson worked in CBRE’s Las Vegas, San Jose, and Walnut Creek offices. After 10 years with CBRE, Mr. Johnson worked alongside Mr. Mekjavich, Mr. Gray, Mr. Matlock, and Mr. Osborne as a Loan Analyst. Mr. Johnson earned a B.A. in English from Brigham Young University.
Murphy O. Osborne: Mr. Osborne joins Newmark as Vice President and Business Development Manager for the team. Mr. Osborne brings over 12 years of Commercial Real Estate and Finance experience and graduated with a Masters in Financial Analysis & Investment Management from St. Mary’s College. Murphy has spearheaded innovation & technological development, worked as a commercial real estate appraiser, strategy director, and front end originator for commercial loans.
Newmark, a privately held company based in San Francisco, is a full service mortgage banking firm with an extensive lineup of correspondent lenders utilizing Newmark’s production, closing and servicing capabilities. Established in 1991, Newmark is currently staffed by over 75 employees in regional offices throughout the western United States. The company’s national servicing platform valued in excess of $10 billion represents more than 1,300 loans located in 40 states. Newmark is rated as a Primary Servicer by Standard & Poor’s and is one of a select few non-banking/non-insurance chartered companies with this designation.